Monday, January 4, 2010

Rainy Weather for Relaxing

Well, we're definitely in the thick of winter now! Today is a grey, rainy day perfect for staying cozy, curling up with a book, watching a good film, cooking up a pot of soup, and all those other indoor activities that are enjoyable when frolicking outside is not really an option.

On days like this, I find that I slow down a bit, want to sleep a bit more, don't feel like exercising too vigorously or traveling too far. I think it's a reminder that this time of year is all about going inward, reflecting, and figuring out what we want to focus on once Spring comes around and flowers start blooming again :) It's quite nice to be given this chance to relax, rejuvenate, stretch, and eat vast quantities of hot soup!

I will be going to a much sunnier, warmer place in just a couple of days, so right now I am soaking up this opportunity to rest and enjoy the coziness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment