Thursday, March 15, 2012

Watching: The Artist


I finally watched The Artist and I have to say, I enjoyed it wholeheartedly! It felt like watching a good old classic film - heartwarming, textural, classy, smart, and completely absorbing.

There's something about black and white films...they are sort of comforting and I really feel like I've gone back in time when I watch them. 

Berenice Bejo is such a gorgeous lady! I loved her flapper clothes and wish I could wear them myself! She was very charming and magnetic in her role. Both of the lead actors were incredibly expressive and I felt for them. The sweetness of their romance is light and pure.

The music was also lovely. It's an orchestral score that makes the film feel more dynamic and alive. It also give extra weight to the moments of complete silence.

What a pleasure! I think I'll be watching this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment