Sunday, July 12, 2009

Peaks of Summer Fun!

Here we are, blessed with another gorgeous weekend of birdsong and sunshine! Yesterday when I went raspberry picking I saw (and ate) the biggest, reddest, juiciest raspberries of all time. Three days of rain followed by sun made for the most wonderful, healthy berries! Needless to say, they're going fast in my house and I keep having to remind myself to savour every bite rather than stuff myself like the berry addict that I am. 

This picture is from the lavender festival I went to last weekend. Yesterday I went to a U-Pick flower spot for the first time ever and picked seven lilies, some pink, some white. It was such a neat experience to pick the flowers myself from a small garden rather than buy them from a store, not knowing their origin or what kind of chemicals they had been subjected to. On the way home, I felt a little sad that I had cut the flowers rather than letting them grow and flourish. I suppose the important thing is to just take a little bit and enjoy it completely, knowing that the flowers will keep growing, as long as we don't take too much (as with every resource). 

One of my tomato plants now has little green tomatoes which I hope will ripen nicely. Having never tried growing any vegetable before I have no clue what's happening but I'm trying to be observant and diligent with the watering. 

Next weekend the BC Renaissance Fair is on and I will be there in all my Renaissance and theatre loving excitement!! I highly recommend attending this fun event :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment