I love this show! This clip makes it seem uber dramatic, but besides the beautiful dancing it also features great humor, characterization, and super fast talking since it is, after all, the brainchild of Amy Sherman-Palladino. It's the next best thing to Gilmore Girls (with dancing!!). Also, Sutton Foster is amazing! Magnetic, hilarious, and effortless in her skill.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
I feel like I'm back in Vancouver, but without an umbrella. Yesterday I got soaked walking around in the rain and my hair seemed to double in volume. Today I think I'll be staying indoors! So, having planned a weekend full of tennis and outdoor frolicking, what is one to do on a rainy, foggy day?
- this weather is pretty much perfect for reading...especially something mysterious/atmospheric/passionate...like Wuthering Heights, or your old high school yearbook.
- writing poetry...because we just don't do that enough and gloomy weather usually makes people more introspective (but also sleepy)
- cooking and baking!! This option is super fun...roasting veggies in the oven, baking muffins, making some hearty soup...this is what rainy weather is really for!
- cleaning...but I won't be doing that
- going to the beach anyway...because the ocean will still look beautiful, in a different and unpredictable way
- practicing a musical instrument...even if you haven't touched it in years, why not pick it up and try it out? A most absorbing and relaxing activity :-)
- and the thing I'll be doing today is homework, yay! Hot chocolate and music make it easier to endure ;)
Finally, an umbrella is a very important thing. I need to get one. When I finally do, maybe the rain will never come again...
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Wow, it's been a while! I've been in the thick of studying, exploring, playing, music making, reading, eating, and just overall living :-)
I must say, winter in California is the best. This is always the hardest time for me and in Vancouver it used to be especially dreary due to nonstop rain. As much as I love being cozy, eating comfort food, and watching movies/reading in the super dark evenings...sunshine is the most wonderful thing in the world! Ummm, ironically it's not very sunny today but the memory is not far off.
In other news, I think I may be addicted to anime. Technically I'm watching it to practice Japanese...like homework...yes.
Happy 2013! :-)