- delectable raspberry picking! it was especially fun on Canada Day, when there was also a pancake breakfast at Krause Farm and so many people turned up to celebrate and feast on these delicioius little berries. I ended up eating so many through the week I got a stomachache, agh! Irresistible I say, they're just sooo good!
- reading on the deck. Summertime is my favorite for lounging in the sun, surrounded by bright flowers, and reading a good book. My reading material tends to be a bit lighter and funnier at this time of the year, and often includes a lot of historical fiction. I'm not a big fan of stories set in contemporary times, but I love the past.
- visiting the Lavender Festival at Full Bloom Farm. The aroma of lavender is extraordinary and never ceases to delight me. The flowers themselves are gorgeous, vivid, and glowing with life. There were so many bees frolicking in all that lavender, including lovely bumblebees. The photo for this post was also taken at this festival.
- visiting other little spots in the countryside (there are so many gems out there waiting to be discovered!) and picking up some freshly baked artisan bread from Fieldstone. Best bakery I've ever been to on the West Coast!
- making a first attempt at raspberry cordial - a fermented raspberry drink made from whey, grated ginger, raspberries, and water.
- going to the beach!
Happy belated Canada Day and enjoy the rest of this gorgeous weekend!