Saturday, January 26, 2013

What to do on a rainy day...



I feel like I'm back in Vancouver, but without an umbrella. Yesterday I got soaked walking around in the rain and my hair seemed to double in volume. Today I think I'll be staying indoors! So, having planned a weekend full of tennis and outdoor frolicking, what is one to do on a rainy, foggy day? 

- this weather is pretty much perfect for reading...especially something mysterious/atmospheric/passionate...like Wuthering Heights, or your old high school yearbook.

- writing poetry...because we just don't do that enough and gloomy weather usually makes people more introspective (but also sleepy)

- cooking and baking!! This option is super fun...roasting veggies in the oven, baking muffins, making some hearty soup...this is what rainy weather is really for!

- cleaning...but I won't be doing that

- going to the beach anyway...because the ocean will still look beautiful, in a different and unpredictable way

- practicing a musical instrument...even if you haven't touched it in years, why not pick it up and try it out? A most absorbing and relaxing activity :-)

- and the thing I'll be doing today is homework, yay! Hot chocolate and music make it easier to endure ;)

Finally, an umbrella is a very important thing. I need to get one. When I finally do, maybe the rain will never come again...

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have cleaning on the list, but readily admit there's no way you'll be doing that ;) I like to do a lot of things on this list when it's gloomy out (except for the beach - no beach in Illinois!). I used to pull out my old yearbooks and flip through those, and also old class projects from high school or even before. And cooking and baking - that's a given :)

    I carry around a super light umbrella in my bag and it's come in handy more than once. I recommend it! I'm guessing it will probably rain again. Someday ;)

    ReplyDelete