I feel like I'm back in Vancouver, but without an umbrella. Yesterday I got soaked walking around in the rain and my hair seemed to double in volume. Today I think I'll be staying indoors! So, having planned a weekend full of tennis and outdoor frolicking, what is one to do on a rainy, foggy day?
- this weather is pretty much perfect for reading...especially something mysterious/atmospheric/passionate...like Wuthering Heights, or your old high school yearbook.
- writing poetry...because we just don't do that enough and gloomy weather usually makes people more introspective (but also sleepy)
- cooking and baking!! This option is super fun...roasting veggies in the oven, baking muffins, making some hearty soup...this is what rainy weather is really for!
- cleaning...but I won't be doing that
- going to the beach anyway...because the ocean will still look beautiful, in a different and unpredictable way
- practicing a musical instrument...even if you haven't touched it in years, why not pick it up and try it out? A most absorbing and relaxing activity :-)
- and the thing I'll be doing today is homework, yay! Hot chocolate and music make it easier to endure ;)
Finally, an umbrella is a very important thing. I need to get one. When I finally do, maybe the rain will never come again...