Tuesday, August 6, 2013

M83 - Claudia Lewis


Firstly, this video is pretty phenomenal. I wish there were more blue-haired aliens, fire tricks on the beach, and well placed light bulbs in my life. M83's music videos are mostly always great. 

I don't even know what I've been doing, time is going by so crazy fast. My parents' friend from Russia is visiting California so I've been tutoring his two adorable kids...but they're going back home at the end of the week so it's almost time to say goodbye. Children are fantastic. They just know how to live in the moment and feel everything deeply and concentrate really hard when eating meals. I love teaching kids (and then relaxing and recharging afterwards). 

I also got my work visa so it looks like I'll be staying in sunny California for at least another year or so. I still feel like I'm in paradise - a neverending summer vacation. My next goal (besides going back to Japan) is traveling to Germany and Austria. I want to see all the castles and fairy tale landscapes and learn more about their history and culture. 

To cap off this rather random catch-up post, I suddenly really want to attempt to knit something. I learned basic knitting skills from my mum when I was little but now I don't remember much at all. But I want to make something that I can wear. I've looked up a couple of knitting books and will possibly definitely begin as soon as possible. Hooray for craftiness!

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your visa and for California! I'll cross my fingers that you'll get to Germany and Austria before too long - having been to Austria, I can say it's gorgeous and a blast to travel around! The castles are amazing.

    Good luck with knitting! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me - I knit to help myself relax and I've been knitting a lot lately ;) I can't wait to see your first creation!

    Have a great rest of your week, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessie! I'm still working on the basics and enjoying it, so hopefully I can actually make something soon :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete