Friday, April 10, 2009

Bring on the Animals


I wasn't planning on writing about music here, but it looks as though it will inevitably spill into this space anyways :) The album that has me super excited at the moment is Animal Collective's latest - Merriweather Post Pavilion. I have to confess I was never a huge fan before, not because I did not like their music but simply because I hadn't heard too much of it. And I prefer to go for complete albums rather than just dabbling in order to really get a sense of the artist and their musical world. 

I thought this CD would take a few listens to really appreciate, and that appreciating it might require intellectual effort of some sort. It turned out to be instantly gratifying, fun, and enjoyable as well as uniquely spontaneous and magical in sound. At times it reminds me of the spaciousness and unrushed infinity (yes, I said unrushed infinity) of Pink Floyd, but more playful and upbeat. Definitely worth a listen, it takes you away into a wonder-filled musical realm of FUN :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment