Friday, October 14, 2011

Cozy Day Ramblings




Yesterday I started watching the Great British Bake Off. The weather had suddenly changed so it was surprisingly cold and rainy compared to the summer-like weather we've been enjoying here for so long. I curled up in my blanket with a hot cup of tea and some roasted almonds and enjoyed a fun hour of entertaining Britishness. I can't wait to go back to England (for a visit) - the accent, architecture, people, history, tradition, culture, arts, literature, humour, style....I feel very attached to it all :-)

Anywho, watching a British program about baking is the epitome of coziness in autumn, ahhh. So lovely!

I also started reading The Woman in White at long last. It's my first Victorian novel in many months which seems utterly crazy. I don't know how I survived for so long without reading one. The unique language, style, and tone of Victorian novels soothes and inspires me. I love language in all its dimensions and nothing peaks my interest and passion as much as Victorian novels. Each sentence is a lovely, thought out gem. Each page sparkles with colour and wit. There is never a plain or bland sentence.

And now, getting back to everyday life - Korea still feels like a wonderful place to live and I continue to enjoy it here. I keep discovering new places and trying new things but the best part is definitely the people I have met here. The friends I've made are incredibly kind, warm, funny, kindred spirits and I feel grateful to have them in my life. Yay! It's a very sparkly life indeed :-)

And now it's time for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment