Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring flowers and a spring in my step!


Yesterday felt like summer! The sun was shining at full blast, cherry blossoms were still out, their petals flying around and covering the ground like snow, and I went to a salad buffet for brunch and ate three plates of rainbow coloured fruits and veggies. I can't remember the last time I wanted to eat salad so much - in the winter all I want is hot soup and other heavier comfort foods. Spring is so much more fun!

After eating, I waddled out of the restaurant and continued on with my two companions. We walked around Kyoungbuk University campus, admiring all the bright flowers and beautiful trees. There were so many families out as well - parents with huge smiles on the faces as they watched their little ones walk and climb and ride a bicycle and try to eat dirty things from the ground. Many of them were taking photos or filming - making memories! It was really sweet. There were also many fashionable couples as well as groups of people picnicking. It didn't feel like a university campus at all - more of a park for everyone. 

Being out in the spring sunshine makes me deliriously happy. I couldn't stop smiling yesterday. I think I could have walked around all day but eventually I headed home and hula hooped inside while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Weekends are the best.

Here's to another beautiful spring day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment