Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time for the Long Weekend!

This week the weather has been absolutely CRAZY! Sun, wind, rain, storminess, sunniness, mugginess, everything rolled into one...and it changes about fifty times a day, or more. Yesterday we had Sports Day for half of the school day and we went to a lovely park by False Creek. We had lots of sports to choose from - soccer, football, basketball, badminton, bocce, croquet, dodgeball, and other improvised Korean games :) Good times were had by all, despite the bizarro, occasionally freezing weather.

Attempting to play soccer reminded me how much I enjoy kicking things. Maybe that's another sport I should throw into the mix :) Hitting balls with a racquet is pretty fun, but power kicking is also highly enjoyable and strangely satisfying :) I wish we had more sports days at school :)

And now it's time for some tennis! I haven't played in a week and I'm hoping I'll be able to play lots this weekend, without rain getting in the way.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment