Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nice...

The sun is shining, birds are chirping, music's playing and I feel so happy! Yesterday was the definition of a Friday - games played in class, cupcakes, field trips, all finished off with a lovely outing to Granville Island. G.I. is one of my favourite places in Vancouver - there's always something to see, live music to enjoy, good food to eat, and a gorgeous view to gaze at. I've also gone to see a few plays at some of the small theatres there and they were absolutely fantastic.

Today will be a day of tennis and cake :) My birthday is next week so this weekend will mark the beginning of my celebration :) But really it's about relaxing, playing tennis, and forgetting that I'm getting older. Especially since I don't really feel like it...at all. I feel like I'll never really grow up in some ways. I want to feel completely alive and to laugh and play forever :)

I'm also trying to compile a list of things to do in the Vancouver area this Summer. I've lived in the area for, oh, six years now?! And yet I still haven't really been anywhere. I want to do the Grouse Grind, go to Lynn Valley (for the suspension bridge), and also go to Lighthouse Park and the Cleveland Dam. So exciting!

Alright, time to get this beautiful day started :) Cheerio!!

3 comments:

  1. Well if it makes you feel any better, I've lived in the Vancouver area for most of my life...Say, oh, 21 years of it (!) and I haven't done those things either! So, if you feel like waiting until August for any of those, you have an activity partner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? I'm surprised! Sometimes we need to be tourists in our own towns :) I'd love to try out some of these activities with you in August, it should be good fun :) I've heard excellent things and seen gorgeous pictures so I'm definitely ready to go and explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, Happy (belated) birthday, Lucy!! I hope you had a great one, full of food and family and good times! You deserve the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete