Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm Back! And, oooh, I miss Korea already!

Wow, I can't believe I'm back in Canada already - it feels like I just left! Korea was a whirlwind of fun, adventure, excitement, beauty, delicious food, neon signs, Samsung TVs, culture, gorgeousness, green, mountains, laughter, warmth, friendliness, and all things wonderful!!! I really really really didn't want to leave, and I've already started the process of applying to teach there next year through the EPIK program. I can't wait to go back!!!

Honestly, I've given up on trying to plan anything in my life. Things just seem to happen on their own and I'm happy to surrender and go with the flow. I never thought I'd ever travel to Asia and now all I want is to go and live there! Crazy! But it feels so right and natural and wonderful - resistance is futile :-) I love Korean culture, so many people that I met are incredibly warm, kind, group-oriented and full of life and passion. Their traditions and even everyday interactions are steeped in meaning and respect. It was amazing to experience!

I will write more later and give a full run down of the places I visited but right now I have to work a bit on my application :-)

Lastly, I have to add that I LOVE Korean stationary. Well, I love all their cute, colourful things in general but I have a thing for stationary so getting cute pens and notebooks was heavenly :-)

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment