Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer in Korea


There are no words for just how much I adore summer. It's pure joy, golden sunshine, warmth, sweetness, freedom, and all things fantabulous! 

Here are some things that are making me extra happy these summery days in Korea:

Green tea ice cream - refreshing, creamy, and delicious!

Icy drinks with brightly coloured straws - I'm usually a warm drinks year round kind of girl, but here in Daegu it gets so hot that an icy drink becomes a necessity rather than a voluntary choice. A tasty necessity. 

Juicy colourful fruits - a few days ago I went to Seven Springs, an organic salad + other healthy food buffet. I was in heaven. Of course the salad was completely amazing but I also have to mention the rainbow of fruits that I devoured all too quickly. 

Listening to dream pop - there's no better time for it than in the hot summer!

Wearing shorts, light shirts, and no socks! - I am pretty much always cold, especially my hands and feet, so being able to feel air and sunshine on my skin is incredibly liberating and energizing. Woohoo!

Lemonade - I already mentioned cold icy drinks but I must say, lemonade in Korea seems to be more delicious than anywhere else!

Yoga!! - I try to do yoga on a regular basis, but in the winter all I want to do is curl up and cover myself with blankets (and fuzzy socks!). Yoga feels best in the summertime and warm muscles make stretching a whole lot easier. 

Walking around with a parasol - I love my parasol, it always makes me feel like I'm in a Jane Austen novel. However, here it's not just an accessory but a surefire way of preventing heat stroke. 

Opening up all the windows - what can I say, I just love fresh air and the feeling of openness. 

Hooray for summer! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment