Friday, June 29, 2012

Back to school...


Well, it's official! I've accepted a place at the University of Nottingham so in just a few short months I'll be flying off to England! Hopefully I can remember how to be a student again. At the very least, I can stock up on the best stationery here in Korea ;-)

I'm actually super excited that this is finally happening. I've always loved school and scholarly environments. Many of my favourite books even feature school settings. Currently, I'm teaching at an elementary school (although this often feels more like a zoo than a scholarly environment). So yes, this new adventure feels thrilling and inspiring!

I have three more weeks of teaching left before the semester finishes. I should start applying for my student visa and figuring out housing.

Exciting times!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Nottingham is a great place, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time here!
    Out of interest, what made you choose Nottingham, out of all the universities, and so far away from home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by :-) The photos on your blog are so appetizing, lovely!

    Choosing a school took a really long time actually. I lived in England when I was younger and recently visited and didn't want to leave haha. I was choosing between California and England and finally went with my gut feeling. Several people recommended Nottingham and it looks like the school of English there is quite excellent. Still, making a choice when I'm outside of the country and can't actually visit all the universities is a little scary!

    Now I'm searching for accommodation. Hopefully I can find a cozy and peaceful spot to stay for the year :-)

    ReplyDelete