Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I love holidays that are all about celebrating the people in our lives! And mothers deserve a holiday just about every day :) Unfortunately, I did not win the lottery so I cannot buy my mum the spacious kitchen with lots of counter space and stainless steel appliances that she has always wanted...just yet :) Today we will celebrate by spending time together, enjoying this beautiful sunshine and all the lovely flowers, and maybe making some rhubarb crumble. 

A friend generously gave us some of the rhubarb that grows in their very own vegetable garden, and the time has come to put this rhubarb to use. Now, I don't think I've ever actually tasted rhubarb before, so this will be a first not only for cooking it but also for finding out what it tastes like! The huge amounts of sugar in most rhubarb recipes are a bit ominous, but hopefully the flavour of the rhubarb itself will be delicious! And just the word 'rhubarb' makes me smile :) It's a fun one :) Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment