Monday, June 24, 2013

Natasha Khan and TOY - The Bride


This is a fairly recent track that I've become obsessed with. I was listening to the first Bat for Lashes album last night and, wow, her voice has developed and become so powerful since that first outing. I don't think she would have been able to sing like this seven years ago, but now she seems capable of breaking tablefuls of champagne glasses with her voice alone.

I'm really tempted to go and buy a bunch of CDs, like in the good old days...but since everything is now digital and my closet is bursting with CDs it doesn't seem like the best idea. There's so much good stuff being released right now, but it's all snippets and singles here and there instead of the experience of sitting down and listening from the very first song to the last. Grumble grumble, I am old. 

In other news, the sky is blue, I saw more than three hummingbirds this morning (and lost count after that), and it feels like ice cream weather!

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've bought a CD, but I miss the days of waiting for a CD to come out, then actually holding it in your hand. Those times weren't even that long ago, but they feel like forever! I guess we're both old ;)

    ReplyDelete