Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wave Watching

I cannot get over how gorgeous the ocean is here - so vast, such big gushing waves, the magical turquoise colour, and of course the soothing whispery sound as the waves beat against the sandy shore. Ahhh. Life doesn't get much better than that :) I wish I could post a picture or two right now, but that will have to wait a bit.

In the good old days, people were actually told by their doctors to go to the sea for their health. The fresh sea air is wonderful, but I'm sure that this also had to do with the calming, soothing effect of the sound of water. It's something that never ceases to amaze me - such a simple, easy, natural thing and yet every time I'm by the water I feel so uplifted and rejuvenated and relaxed.

Yesterday I saw the cutest little seal pups when I went to the beach. They're so playful and adorable looking :)

Wishing everyone a glorious, uplifting day!

2 comments:

  1. I always thought it was wonderful to read about the curative seashore in the Jane Austen books. You're making me want to go to the ocean! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, oceangoing is always a most excellent adventure!

    ReplyDelete