Monday, January 16, 2012

Cafe Roma, Daegu - Cute Coffee Shop Review



Besides drinking tea, one of my absolute favourite things to do is go to cute coffee shops and while away the hours drinking something warm and tasty, and chatting with a friend. Yesterday I went to a recently renovated coffee shop just a minute's walk from my home. 


Name: Cafe Roma

Style: Casual elegance

Ambiance: Excellent. Great modern lighting, cute cups and dishes, instrumental + classical music, warm.

Service: Very good. It took a while to get our drinks, but when they were brought to our table they looked so lovely and the barista was very friendly and kind.

Good for: Couples, group meetings, studying.

Taste: My green tea latte was delicious and not overly sweet. The texture was foamy and perfect and I loved the cute little flowers. They also have cake and muffins and I will definitely try a muffin next time.

Time: My friend and I spent almost two and a half hours there and it would be easy to stay even longer than that - so cozy and comfy and warm :-) Don't forget to stretch your legs.

Stars: 4 out of 5 stars - one star taken off because the music was sometimes too loud, forcing everyone to talk loudly as if we were in a bar rather than a coffee shop. Although this added to the festivity and woke up the lady who had fallen asleep instead of reading her book. I wonder what she was reading.


I'm looking forward to going there again. Daegu has many independent coffee shops, and this one is now one of my favourites. I must say, all the cute + beautiful + atmospheric coffee shops here make the plain, generic ones in North America seem...um, really not good. Maybe I can avoid going to a chain coffee shop for the rest of my life (I probably can't)!!

Have a delicious day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment