Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Craving: nature!


It's the very first day of February 2012! Unfortunately, it doesn't look anything like this photo (taken on Jeju Island this past summer). It's -3 degrees outside and I'm thankful for my cozy little apartment, which keeps me warm and lets the beautiful sunshine in.

Living in Korea has been incredible, enjoyable, and for the most part very comfortable. One thing that is a little difficult though is being so separate from nature. In Canada, I just had to walk out my door and I was surrounded by flowers, trees, and just five minutes from the ocean. Glorious! I completely took it for granted. These days (and especially in the winter, when it's hard to spend much time outside), I'm craving nature and outdoorsy-ness more and more. There's a kind of peace that only green trees and blue water can provide. Away from cars, concrete, busy shops...a place for rest, rejuvenation, and inspiration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment