Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doing something new for 30 days...


Firstly, I went downtown a few days ago and stumbled upon this book signing outside Kyobo bookstore. I have no idea who the author is but book signings are super exciting and inspirational so I edged my way into the crowd of spectators and snapped a photo. 

Wouldn't it be amazing to have written your very own shiny book and to be able to share it with people like this? And they actually want to read it? Seriously amazing. 

Also, Korean books are way prettier than North American ones, and the pages are made from high quality paper rather than newsprint.

In other news, I watched a super short and sweet TED Talk yesterday about doing something new for 30 days and found it very inspiring. The thing that stood out most was when he said that time goes by so quickly and usually it seems to slip away from us...where did the time go? time is flying by! and such...but if you try doing something new for 30 days, suddenly your time gains meaning and becomes more memorable. I totally agree with this. 

If we just follow the same routine, it's so easy to get stuck in a rut and feel like time is running away from you, but if we choose to mark that time and do something new with it, well, that changes everything. And I like feeling productive, inspired, doing new things, so on and so forth. Who doesn't really?

Some of his examples: taking a photo everyday, riding a bike to work, writing a postcard...

It's an exciting idea. My first new thing is writing in this blog EVERY day for 30 days. I've been doing well for a while now and will try to keep it up. Writing makes me feel good. Even after 30 days when I am back at work with hyper kids, I hope I will take the time to write something regularly. 

Let's make our time memorable ;-)

2 comments: