Monday, January 30, 2012

Cute stationery + paper love





My favourite stores in Korea are the ones bursting with beautiful stationery, art supplies, gorgeous books, handmade jewelry and accessories, and super cute things. And wow - there are a LOT of stores like this just waiting for me to step inside, heart pounding with excitement. Yes, I get very excited about these things. I don't understand why in North America most things are so plain and boring, when in Korea EVERYTHING features cute and beautiful designs. Even older adults carry around colourful stationery and I have yet to see a boring office supply store. And have I mentioned the socks??

Even though I will be living here for many more months, the fact that I will eventually go back to North America makes me anxiously want to purchase as much as possible - stocking up for the future, oh yes. 

These little notebooks are adorable. Notebook paper is always high quality here, another bonus. I paid about 50 cents for each notebook. And about $1 for the socks. I had to restrain myself from buying more. Another time, no doubt.

I also bought some beautiful origami paper. It's so pretty I almost don't want to use it. 

I think I'm attracted to all paper-y things (surprise!). Books, notebooks, letter paper, postcards, cute memo paper, origami paper, construction paper, wrapping paper, wallpaper, so on and so forth. Partly, it's beautiful. Also, I think it suggests possibility and creative potential. Using these lovely paper-y things, we can create something new.

I love writing because it's world-building - words literally bring to life the world around us. Using words, I can contribute to my own little world and help to shape it. All of this paper eventually takes shape, absorbs someone's words, becomes a unique form of expression that contributes to the world. It's a kind of transformation that feels amazing and incredibly satisfying. Hooray for creativity! And pretty stationery ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment