Monday, January 23, 2012

Muju Resort, Korea!


Happy Lunar New Year!

I spent the last three days at this beautiful place in the picture. But not exactly, because here I'm in a gondola at the top of a mountain, and most of the time I was not in a gondola, but in a hotel-like building. At Muju Resort, about two hours from Daegu.

I joined my boyfriend's family and extended family (aunts + uncles + cousins) for a total of 15 people. I'm an only child, so it was quite the experience. And wow, I've never seen so much food in one place before. 

It was pretty amazing, at times overwhelming, incredibly cozy and fun, delicious, and confusing. Confusing because everyone was speaking Korean. But because my significant other was off snowboarding most of the time, I got to bond with aunts and uncles...mostly through the medium of shared meals and laughter. 

I'm still amazed at how kind and friendly people have been from the moment I arrived (almost a year ago now!). I'm incredibly lucky and grateful to be here and to have these beautiful experiences, shared with such warm and lovely people.

The year of the dragon will be fantabulous! Yay!

1 comment: