Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lady talking time...





Yesterday a friend came over for Afternoon Tea, which, in my apartment, means lounging on the floor Korean style and eating from a cute little table that I can unfold when required. Usually it stays leaning against the wall, along with my giant pink and blue hula hoop. And my yoga mat. And my clothes drying rack thingybob. My fan is also in the same vicinity. And some books. Storage space is scarce, but that's okay. Coziness all the way! 

Whenever I meet this particular friend, we always eat chocolate cake. It's become a wonderful tradition. This time, she also brought honey bread, a popular snack in Korea. Bread (in any shape/form) isn't considered a mealtime food, but only a snack. The word 밥 means 'rice', and it also means 'meal'. Rice is the staple food that forms the foundation of most meals, never bread. I think this is much healthier and better for digestion, but now I'm going off on a tangent. Honey bread is tasty and makes for a nice snack, but anything with chocolate always wins in my world. Mmm, chocolate! :-)

As we talked, I realized (again) how important it is to make time for this kind of get together. Lady talking time is the best way to de-stress, relax, strengthen relationships, laugh a lot, feel awesome, eat some cake, and simply enjoy. No matter what kind of mood I'm in, when I meet a good friend and we chat, I leave feeling incredibly refreshed, lighter, and happier. Even when we're super busy, or it's freezing outside, or there's no chocolate cake to eat, it's necessary to make time for these get togethers.

1 comment: