Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cardigan love


This is not your ordinary cardigan. Mandy Moore did not wear this in A Walk to Remember (I cried during that movie). It's like a bright pink cheetah with puffed shoulders and those little shiny circle things (what are those called again??). It looks good with artificial pearls and dangly earrings.

But I love ALL cardigans almost indiscriminately (almost/kind of). They're classic, elegant, ladylike, can be old-fashioned, can we worn all throughout the year, can be bright pink and shiny, and go great with skirts. Oh cardigans, how I love you.

Some words sometimes associated with cardigans:

- librarian

- Mandy Moore in A Walk to Remember

- elementary school teacher

- lady from the 1950's

- England

- smartly dressed boy

- Carey Mulligan

All very positive associations, non? Cardigans are exciting! Let's wear one today!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite the cardigan! I don't think mere mortals could wear that cardigan. One must be a beautiful Slavic fairy like you to wear it. I, on the other hand, would look like a boozy cougar.

    I do love cardigans, though. I bought a whole bunch this fall/winter.

    Also, I thought A Walk to Remember was really, really funny.

    ReplyDelete